Friday, July 12, 2013

You Gonna Miss Me ?

Tomorrow morning, my wife and 5 youngest kids (boy does that sound weird?!) will embark on a road trip ... without me.  My oldest 2 sons (also sounds weird) have been with their Grandma and Grandpa in Queen Creek, AZ for the past 3 weeks ... and it's time for them to come on home.  Especially since school starts in less than TWO weeks after they will get home (that may be the weirdest sounding thing so far!)

My true "middle child," almost 8-year-old Savannah, asked me this evening
"Are you gonna miss me daddy?" and the other kids (along with my wife) wondered the same thing.
Of course the answer was a swift and resounding
"Yeah!  I'm gonna miss you like crazy!"

But ... here's a little secret ...

For the first few days of temporary bachelor status, life is pretty sweet!  I'm usually so busy doing things I want to get done that I don't start missing anyone.  Oh sure, the evenings right around bedtime can be lonely, but otherwise, I'm in full "Get 'R Done!" mode ... and I like that a LOT !

Here's my starter To Do list (picture added on Tuesday, 7/16) for this week:


I know by Tuesday afternoon I will be missing my family terribly, but until then I have plenty to keep me occupied, don'tcha think ?!  :)


Song Of The Day:
If you like a capella music and haven't seen the movie "Pitch Perfect" then you should be ashamed.  Go rent it right now and then come back to listen to "When I'm Gone" by Anna Kendrick, the main female star from this excellently hilarious movie.  You can listen to the song before if you like, but you can't fully appreciate it's genius and beauty without seeing the movie.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment