Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Why Does Fasting Make Me SO Hungry ?

I love to eat.

I have blogged before about the best kind of food (free food, for those who didn't see that post), but to my recollection I have never talked about how much I love eating.  I enjoy the experience of enjoying the food I am eating almost as much as the taste of it.  That said, I usually don't get hungry ... really ... ever.

Homemade pancakes.  Yum!
I eat breakfast sporadically (2-4 times a week).  I skip lunches several times a week as well (I almost never miss BOTH breakfast and lunch so if you're reading this mom, don't freak out!)  I don't miss these meals on purpose as a weight control plan.  I just get busy and don't really think about food that often.  I know some people plan their whole day around their eating and I admire those folks.  I am sure they are healthier than I and secretly I wish I could be more like them.
But I just don't crave food on that kind of regular basis.  With one exception ...

When I am fasting (be it for religious or medical reasons - such as my recent Biometric Health Screening at work), I can think of almost nothing else aside from MY NEXT MEAL!

I know the absence of something, or rather the inability to have that thing, makes you want it more.  But it seems to be an extreme case with me and a specified time of separation from food.


Song Of The Day:
The song "Fall For You" by Secondhand Serenade is all about love ... and the line "because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you over again" sums up my thoughts all day about food when I am fasting.  That break my fast meal is always my favorite one that I fall in love with over again.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment