And that is with no disrespect to some of my immediate family members,
extended family members, and co-workers,
who can be s u p e r - s l o w in their own right.
|Brooklyn with her "curls"|
I finally got smart and began tracking these reasons, so you could have a clearer understanding of their ridiculousness as well as their variety and creativity.
Herewith are those from within just the past month or so:
.- For school tomorrow, should I take an invitation to my birthday party to Brook ? (This is her friend in class and from church)
- Can I heat up my heating pad ? (This on a summer night with a forecasted low of 65 degrees!)
- I have homework. (Which ended up being "reading for 20 minutes" ... which she easily could have done in her bed!)
- I need medicine. (This one has had several varieties, including: foot cream, band-aids for cuts, headaches, earaches, sniffly noses, presumed spider or bug bites, sunburns, and preventive dental care, like fluoride rinses).
- I'm so thirsty I think I'll just DIE without a drink of water !!! (Complete with facial expressions and intonations that only Anne Shirley from Green Gables could have pulled off as well!)
- I didn't get a hug, or a special hug, or princess kisses, or to give you a kiss, or a kiss from you, etc.
- Did you decide if I can do cheerleading or not ? (This after we had already filled out the paperwork and had her put it in her backpack that afternoon. When I pointed that out she said (very slowly) "Oh yeah!")
- I can't seem to fall asleep (this after maybe 15 minutes of trying to fall asleep ... at the most !)
- But I'm scared to go downstairs alone (which is applicable for all of 3 to 5 seconds when her brothers rumble down the stairs loooooong ahead of her finishing this very sentence)
- Do you think I could have maybe a piece of bread so I don't starve? (After she didn't finish her dinner and therefore had to go without snack).
- My legs huuuuurt so baaaaad. Can you carry me? PLEASE ?!?!
- Um ... there's a spider in my room. (I ask "Where?" and she replies "Well it's in the window on the outside and I can't really see it but I know it's there!")
- Did you guys hear that noise? It was kinda loud but soft.
- My radio and/or light isn't working.
- Did you notice it's raining? Cool huh?! I love to just watch the rain ... (and then she just stares out the window as though we forget she was there).
And this one occurred while I was finishing this blog !
A full 30 minutes after she had gone to bed!
- Do you have Myra with you? 'Cause ... I thought I heard her. I'll go look for her.
And my response is always the same ...
"Sweetheart, I love you. Now ... GO TO BED !!!"