Tuesday, July 16, 2013

How Do You Unwind After A Long Day ?

As expected, today was looooong and tiring.  Getting to bed late last night because of the concert and an absolutely every minute is filled with meetings schedule at work combined to exhaust me today.  So instead of working on more "projects" I rewarded myself with a chance to unwind.

Two things help me "unwind" more than anything else, at least when I'm a temporary bachelor anyway.  First, exercise (in this case basketball).  Second, stand up comedy routines (in this case, some good clean fun with "Thou Shalt Laugh 2" and not as clean but just as funny stuff from Ben Bailey).  When I am feeling beaten down from the day's events (and not in the mood to read), either of these activities will quickly lift my spirits and re-energize me.  But tonight, getting to do BOTH completely relaxed me!

I recommend Ben Bailey's comedy special, available on Netflix.  If you don't recognize the name, I know you'll recognize the face.  He's the Cash Cab guy ... and that is actually part of his bit.  I won't say more or I'll spoil it.  But I will say that I plan to watch it again when Karen comes home, even if she doesn't laugh as loud as I will.  :)

So how do you unwind?  A good book?  Some wine on the back porch?  A relaxing bath or massage?  Listening to music?  Meditating?
Whatever you choose, I hope you take time to let yourself relax, especially after a crazy busy day.  You deserve it!

Song Of The Day:
I've included two versions of the song for today, because both are just so excellent.  Phil Collins performs the original "Take Me Home" but don't miss the opportunity to hear the Tufts Beelzebubs' version linked HERE.  I honestly can't decide which one I like better.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment