Thursday, July 11, 2013

Why Not Get A Bigger Cup ?

I have used the same tumbler (I guess that's the technical name for it) at work for a few years now.  I clean it regularly so don't get all germophobic or anything.  It holds about 12 ounces of whatever liquid you want in it.  My preference is ice cold water.  In fact, I don't think I have ever had anything else in it honestly.

Anyway, I have been asked on several occasions why I use such a small mug for my water.  This usually comes up because my immediate neighbors in the office notice the multiple trips I take each day to the "water cooler" for refills.  Surely this efficient Supervisor would want to that he could minimize his repeat trips by switching to a larger container which would also allow him constant liquid refreshment without the interruption of a decent walk to the break room area.  I imagine that some thought along those lines must enter these people's minds.

But I do not want to switch.  I will not switch.  I am actually fulfilling more important tasks by limiting the size of my water container.  Consider the following:
 - I refill my water about 4-5 times a day on average.
 - I need make water about 4-5 times a day on average.
 - I am in the office for 8-10 hours a day on average.
 - I need to stretch my legs and get the blood flowing at least every 2 hours.

So when you think about it, it really comes down to simple math.  My trip to refill my water every hour or two allows for a restroom break, a stop at the printer to pick up work items, and a chance to wake up from just sitting at a desk.  So thanks but no thanks.  I'll keep my 'small' water tumbler.

Song Of The Day:
Although the song is not one of my favorites from the group Nickel Creek, I think "Reasons Why" fits well with this post.  I have my reasons why I keep my small cup.  And that's enough.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment