Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Do You Think We'll Make It ?

Seeing as this probably was the final round of golf for me this year, I feel it acceptable to have three blog posts devoted to the 18-hole round.  Overkill?  Maybe.  But in fairness, the experiences Aaron and I had during this wacky day (I totally skipped over the whole "replace a water heater and deal with flooding in the basement" stuff) easily justify each of these posts.

I've already mentioned (in my last post) that the golf carts were to stay on the cart path - no exceptions!  So the video linked below was bound to happen eventually.

Here are a few pictures of some of the "bridges" on the cart path:


And here is the video of Aaron driving us safely across:

In hindsight, perhaps it wasn't a good idea to let him drive the back 9!  :)


Song Of The Day:
Scotland is considered the birthplace of golfing.  And that area of the world is known for being more green (see: covered in water all the time) than our fair city.  So as we enjoyed this soggy landscape I found myself humming "The Water Is Wide" every time we neared one of these "bridges."  I found this version (by the Celtic Women of course!) to share in today's post.  Enjoy!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment