Monday, September 2, 2013

Do You Know What I Like About Your Hands ?

Catalina, age 6, asked this question to my mom (a.k.a. Grandma Julie) when she was hanging out with her recently.

The conversation, as best as my mom could recollect, went like this:

Catalina:  Hey Grandma, do you know what I like about your hands?
          Grandma Julie:  No sweetie, what do you like about my hands?
Catalina:  (grabs my mom's hands)  They look like cheese pizza!
          Grandma Julie:  (silence)


Gotta love the honesty and unique perspective from a child!  :)


Song Of The Day:
I've been looking for a great post to try and connect the song "I Believe" by the UW MadHatters to.  I believe this is as good a post as any.  I believe that children can teach us how to not take life so seriously.  I believe kids simply try to find joy in whatever situation they are in.  I believe kids make us laugh because they just are instead of censoring themselves.  I believe my mom's hands do kinda look like cheese pizza but I believe she was a very good sport about it.  Thanks for being such a great Grandma to my kids mom!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment