Saturday, June 4, 2011

What did I record ?

Some years ago I gained possession of a small tape recording device.  I think we used to record new hire reps at work as they would role play certain scenarios.  Then we would play them back for the reps to hear themselves so they could critique their own verbiage, tone, pace, etc.  Those days have long since disappeared as our training program now has reps handling live calls in less than three weeks on the job ... but suffice it to say, the need for the tape recorder at work disappeared many years ago and I was allowed to just keep it for personal use.

So I have kept this device in my car as a means to make note of any songs on the radio that I hear and like and want to download later (or at least add to my YouTube favorites section).  I know many of you tech-savvy people out there probably have cooler functions on your iPods and XMradios, etc. where the system will track this information for you ... but I'm still "old school."

I noticed today that I'm near the end of the first side of the tape, which means I haven't transferred those song names in many, many months (probably well over a year).  So I figured that would be a fun blog because I can just list those songs here and see what I "liked" well enough to make verbal note of.  I hope this won't be too embarrassing, but here goes:

(Editor's Note: I have only listed each song once, but many were
mentioned several times.  Those are in BOLD typeface).
Love Fool by the Cardigans
I'll Be by Edwin McCain
If It's Love by Train
Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney
What's A Guy Gotta Do (To Get A Girl In This Town) by Joe Nichols
Round and Round by Tevin Campbell
Accidentally In Love by Counting Crows
Don't Shed a Tear for Me by Paul Carrack
Up On The Ridge by Dierks Bentley
Your Love Is My Drug by Ke$ha
Sunshine by Steve Azar
Break Even by the Script
Uprising by Muse
Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty
California Girls by Katy Perry
Lover, Lover by Jerrod Niemann
The House That Built Me by Miranda Lambert
Kissing You by Miranda Cosgrove
Rough Boy by ZZ Top
Clumsy by Fergie
Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright (from the Shrek Soundtrack)
Glitter in the Air by Pink
Mambo #5 by Lou Bega
Bulletproof by La Reux
The Man Who Can't Be Moved by the Script
Just By Being You by Steel Magnolia
Your Wildest Dreams by The Moody Blues
Animal by Neon Trees
Bring Him Home (A Christmas Military Wish) by some cute little girl
Maybe by Sick Puppies
You Belong To Me by Seal
Not Broken by the Goo Goo Dolls
What I Haven't Got by Linkin Park
Rain Is A Good Thing by Luke Bryan
Good Life by OneRepublic
Happily Ever After by He Is We

I was happy to hear the names of these songs again.  I had forgotten how much I loved some of them when I first heard them, some many years ago and some only once in this past year.  Now they are captured on this blog and maybe someday I'll download or at least listen to them on YouTube or something.  :)

...

No comments:

Post a Comment