Monday, May 23, 2011

A Day of "Rest" ?

Sundays are supposed to be a day of rest, right?  Not for me.  Not yesterday.  Almost never in fact.

Yesterday went something like this:

8:15am - Up and shaving and showering for church.

8:50am - Out the door with Ben and lots of "stuff" to use to save seats for Stake Conference.

9:07am - Begin warm-ups with the Stake Choir.

9:13 to 9:40am - Practice both pieces for Stake Choir (we sang "Lead Kindly Light" and "How Firm a Foundation").  I was told the both sounded great, but the acoustics up in the choir seats are terrible so I couldn't hear any other members of the choir or the piano.  It was a little weird.

9:50 to 10:00am - Sang prelude hymns for Stake Conference.

10:00am - 12:00pm - Attended Stake Conference (sitting in the choir seats is very different than sitting with the massive congregation).

12:15pm - Get home and begin making pancakes

12:40pm - Finally sit down to eat my lunch (pancakes and "Cajun Cheese Eggs")

1:00pm - Begin cleaning and taping baseboards in the "home office."

1:05pm - Teach Josh Jr how to clean and tape baseboards so I can tape the line between the top and bottom colors in the "home office."

1:33pm - Begin making doughnuts with Karen.  No that is not a euphemism for something else.  Just doughnuts!

2:01pm - Back to taping the walls in the "home office" and congratulate Josh Jr on a job pretty well done (especially for his first time doing anything related to painting).

2:20pm - Begin two loads of laundry (so nice to have dual washers and dryers)

2:38pm - Paint the "tape line" in the "home office."

3:04pm - Switch laundry loads and turn on sprinkler outside.

3:25pm - Second part of making doughnuts with Karen (rolling, cutting, setting aside to rise).

4:12pm - Remember all too late that the sprinkler has not been moved.  Head outside to frantically move it to another area of the mostly still dormant lawn.

4:25pm - Begin frying doughnuts.

5:07pm - Remember again that I need to move the water.  Get outside and just turn it off.

5:31pm - Load up kids (and doughnuts) in the car to go to the Lockard's for Grandpa Don's birthday party.

5:58pm - Help Rick finish cooking the steak (he did a great job without me and my "help" was mostly complimenting him and eating the "test" pieces).

6:30 - 8:30pm - Grandpa Don's birthday dinner, presents, cake, and other stuff.

8:59pm - Kids in bed (finally!) and time to fold laundry loads 1 and 2.

9:22pm - Time to switch laundry and fold loads 3 and 4.

9:44pm - Begin this blog post, while waiting for the final two loads of laundry to finish.

Sometime after Midnight ... head to bed so I can sleep a little before a nice "quiet" day tomorrow ... NOT!  :)

Editor's Note:  I was up at 1:20am taking care of Myra until after 3:00am.  Great end to the day!Today's Progressive clothing picture is here for your comments ...
Yep, that's right!  An "official" Flo apron!
We got these at work last year and I have
since used it at least weekly when making
pancakes on Sundays.  At least it
keeps my church pants clean!  :)

1 comment: