Saturday, August 3, 2013

Who Is This ?

That is what I texted back to my sister-in-law this evening ... on my wife's phone.

Thankfully, Erin was not offended (I think my follow up text message of "just kidding" probably helped).  She and my younger brother Jordan came over to play games a few hours later and we had an absolute blast!

They taught us a new game, which I loved (even though Erin beat us after I had a HUGE lead).  The game is called Dicecapades and involves trivia, physical challenges, and of course the rolling (or stacking) of dozens of different kinds of dice.  The questions and activities led to some very entertaining conversation and my sides ached from laughter when all was said and done.

I'm grateful for my extended family and the opportunities that I have to spend time with them when we get the kids to bed.


Song Of The Day:
For today I have chosen the song "Man Of Constant Sorrow" (from the movie "O Brother Where Art Thou?") because part of our conversation this evening centered around long road trips we could take together as a group (their family of 2 and our family of 9).  Oh the fun we would have and the trouble we would get into (and then out of with our good looks and smooth talking, of course!)

...

No comments:

Post a Comment