What a Monday!
Sometimes a day off can be relaxing and give you a chance to recharge for the days or weeks to come. Today was NOT one of those days. Today was a day off that will cost me about a week to recover from.
- Pick up lawn mower
- Finish load of laundry (permanent press items)
- Mow front and back lawn (on lowest setting)
- Purchase and have new tires installed on my car
- Finish load of laundry (whites)
- Buy a sewing machine (for Karen)
- Purchase and replace the vacuum breaker (and copper piping connecting it to the sprinkler system and house) for my sprinkler system
- Take Ben to have his glasses fixed
- Food shopping at Wal-Mart
- Finish load of laundry (girl's clothes)
- Remove and replace backyard downspout / drainage
- Pick pears from the pear tree
- Finish load of laundry (boy's clothes)
- Complete three haircuts (both boys and my hair)
- Help three kids with various homework assignments
- Finish load of laundry (towels)
- Uncover backyard sprinkler heads
- Repurpose one sprinkler zone in the manifold area (and fixing the drainage underneath the manifold housing)
- Write 4 "catch-up" blog posts (and post 3 previous posts to Facebook)
- Finish load of laundry (missed items and assorted bedding)
Song Of The Day:
While listening to tunes on my MP3 player during the above activities, I heard the song "As I Lay Me Down" by Sophie B Hawkins. That is a great tune for today because as I lay me down tonight, I will have a feeling of great satisfaction with all that was completed today ... coupled with sheer exhaustion and physical pain from all the hard work of course.