Monday, August 26, 2013

Just Another "Day Off" ?

What a Monday!

Sometimes a day off can be relaxing and give you a chance to recharge for the days or weeks to come.  Today was NOT one of those days.  Today was a day off that will cost me about a week to recover from.

Before
The short list of activities completed today:
 - Pick up lawn mower
 - Finish load of laundry (permanent press items)
 - Mow front and back lawn (on lowest setting)
 - Purchase and have new tires installed on my car
 - Finish load of laundry (whites)
 - Buy a sewing machine (for Karen)
 - Purchase and replace the vacuum breaker (and copper piping connecting it to the sprinkler system and house) for my sprinkler system
After
 - Finish load of laundry (jeans)
 - Take Ben to have his glasses fixed
 - Food shopping at Wal-Mart
 - Finish load of laundry (girl's clothes)
 - Remove and replace backyard downspout / drainage
 - Pick pears from the pear tree
 - Finish load of laundry (boy's clothes)
 - Complete three haircuts (both boys and my hair)
 - Help three kids with various homework assignments
 - Finish load of laundry (towels)
 - Uncover backyard sprinkler heads
 - Repurpose one sprinkler zone in the manifold area (and fixing the drainage underneath the manifold housing)
 - Write 4 "catch-up" blog posts (and post 3 previous posts to Facebook)
 - Finish load of laundry (missed items and assorted bedding)


Song Of The Day:
While listening to tunes on my MP3 player during the above activities, I heard the song "As I Lay Me Down" by Sophie B Hawkins.  That is a great tune for today because as I lay me down tonight, I will have a feeling of great satisfaction with all that was completed today ... coupled with sheer exhaustion and physical pain from all the hard work of course.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment