Saturday, April 6, 2013

Why Am I Not Surprised ?

I know it's very cliche, and you can go ahead and call me sexist for it.  I don't care.  I'll own it.  But the facts are the facts (from my perspective anyway) and this is a pretty universal truth.

Women (especially as related to weddings) just take LONGER.

This morning was the rehearsal for my buddy Greg's wedding to his beautiful bride Erin.  They are both awesome people and come from pretty darn good families too.  In point of fact, the bride (and groom, but they came together) and most of the bridesmaids were the last to arrive at the rehearsal, some as much as an hour later than we were supposed to be there.  **To be fair, we men do seem to put pressure on women to get all "gussied up" and so on, which does justify some of their excessive primping time ... but I think they play that card a little too often.  Just sayin'.  :)

On the other hand, myself and one other groomsman (with kids in the wedding!) were the first to be there.

This shouldn't have surprised me as much as it did.

Song Of The Day:
There's a song called "I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)" sang by the great Aretha Franklin and George Michael (an odd pairing considering the lyrics and message of the song).  This song has two meaning for the blog post today.  The first should be obvious to you (men waiting for women).  The second is a tribute to my friends Greg and Erin, who have been waiting for each other ... and I'm so glad they found each other!  What a great couple!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment