Friday, April 12, 2013

How Do You Improvise ?

I am terrible about waking up early enough to eat breakfast before my work day begins.  This used to be a big deal to me because I'm not as effective when I'm hungry.

               So I improvised ...

I keep a bowl and spoon, as well as a few different boxes of cereal at my desk.  I also keep a supply of granola bars, and on occasion, cereal bars.  These make for good snacks during the day, as needed, too.

This morning ... I realized that my bowl was missing.  I remembered that I had brought it home to be washed (I wash it every day in the office, but try to bring it home often to run through the dishwasher) .  Sadly I was super hungry this morning but now I had no way to effectively eat my cereal (since I'm all out of granola and cereal bars).

               So I improvised ...

 

I think this was reasonably creative on my part ... and truth be told, it worked pretty well.  I'll still go the "bowl" route for the normal routine, but now I know I have 'options' if ever needed.  :)

Song Of The Day:
My older brother is a big fan of jazz music, as I am.  He does not, however, enjoy the scatting style of some jazz music.  I will agree that sometimes this improvisation can be annoying, but most of the time I just love to hear the freestyling that happens when singers or musicians just have fun with the music.  This clip of Charlie Parker and Coleman Hawkins from 1950 is my video-song of the day.  Just two great sax players 'improvising' together.  I hope you like it.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment