People always claim that Mondays are terrible, but I love 'em!
The fact that I work Tuesday through Saturday and have Sunday / Monday off does have a lot to do with that! :)
Click the link below to hear the full recording of my VICTORY in their trivia contest.
Over $200 in prizes* later and I am one happy camper! :)
If you've never heard the show or that game before, here is a brief recap:
Each day on the show, the one host (Goose) creates and asks 5 Trivia Questions of the other host (Woody) about a variety of pop culture things. Most mornings, Woody slaughters the competition (which is always just ONE lucky caller) by answering 4 or 5 of the questions correctly. I have heard him get as low as 3 right before, but I've honestly never heard him do worse than that (though I am certain he has). In fact, his record is (was at the time) 158 victories to only 22 losses.
And on Monday, I added ONE MORE loss to his record!
Am I proud that I won with a score of 3 to 2? No, not really. I had no business winning because Woody missed two very easy questions. But even if he "let me win" so they could start a new set of prizes, I don't care !!! I still won and I'm ecstatic because now I can do all kinds of things for Karen's birthday next Tuesday! Yay!
*My prizes included the following items:
- ONE free large one-topping pizza from Papa Johns
- TWO free passes to any movie at Hollywood Theaters
- TWO free one-night rentals from Redbox
- FOUR VIP passes for a ride on the Royal Gorge Scenic Railway
- FOUR tickets to the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park
- TWO full-day passes to Waterworld
- TWO free half-gallons of Blue Bell ice cream
- ONE dinner-for-two ($20) at Feelin' a Little Philly
- TWO $10 gift certificates for Applebee's restaurant