Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why do they make 1% Chocolate Milk?!

Short blog tonight ... but that's my question ... why do they make 1% Chocolate milk water?!

I love chocolate milk.  I love milk as it is but when you add chocolate there is just something even better (except with pancakes .. trust me, Ben tried it one time and was not too happy with the results).  It is like eating steak wrapped in bacon.  Or when you put just a little sugar inside your strawberry before popping it into your mouth.  Now I'm getting hungry too ... grrrr.

So I return to my original query: why on earth would anyone ever consider adding chocolate flavoring to 1% milk water?!  I mean, we all know that 1% milk water isn't really milk at all ... it's water that they put some milk in to try and convince you that you're drinking milk.  But don't be fooled.  It's NOT MILK !!!  And just for the sake of argument this next sentence assumes that on some crazy planet that white-colored 1% water is considered milk ... if you're drinking 1% milk, it is likely because you should be laying off things that might make you gain weight (apologies if there is some other medical condition I am demonstrating insensitivity toward) ... don't ya think the chocolate syrup or flavoring is on that short list of things you should probably avoid too?!  Not to mention the bacon-wrapped steak and sugar filled strawberries.

I am just venting because Sams has starting carrying only 1% chocolate milk water and so now we have to get the "acceptable" 2% variety from another store instead of just getting all our milk in one place.

And when did they stop pre-mixing Whole Chocolate Milk?!  Let's get out and exercise people so I can enjoy a huge glass of the really good stuff without having to spend time mixing it myself (because we all know it tastes better when someone does it for you).  Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

4 comments:

  1. I know! What is up with the world these days?! Can't a guy just get a decent chocolate milk that is super creamy, super chocolatey and comes in a gallon size?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with this on all counts and now I really, really want some premade chocolate milk... whole milk, by the way... thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant post! I concur with everything you have said - it really doesn't make sense that there would be a 1% milk with chocolate, because that sort of defeats the purpose! "Inconceivable!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it makes cookies any better either. Or most cereal. But, I will exercise for my chocolate milk. (By the way, did you ever read about Matt's chocolate milk diet?) And I agree that it's better when someone else mixes it for you.

    ReplyDelete