Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ever forget you have laundry in the washer ?

I've blogged before about how I do the laundry in this family.  It's just something I don't mind doing (and it works out nice because then Karen and/or the kids do the bathrooms, which I loathe!)

On a few occasions, I have gone to the downstairs laundry area and realized that I've left the dryer full of jeans.  They are the last load I wash downstairs and even though they are dry I just sometimes forget to go and retrieve them.  You see, I have plenty of pairs of jeans, so I never "miss" them.  But today, something that has NEVER happened before happened to me ...

I realized I forgot a load of laundry in the washer !

And it had been there (fully washed but never run through the dryer) for the whole past week!

After finishing laundry last Monday I decided it was time for the backpacks to reclaim their hooks on the wall in our office area.  This meant that the summertime towels and bathing suits had to come down.  And they were "worn" so I had the brilliant idea to go ahead and wash them.  Which I did.  And then ... they ... sat there ... in the washing machine ... for this whole ... past ... week!


Suffice it to say that I ran them through the wash again (just in case there was mildew or anything of the sort) and tossed them in the dryer as soon as they were ready!  They're already folded and ready for use (tomorrow night, if the weather holds out).

I guess there's always a "first time" for any mistake!  Sigh!  :)

...

1 comment:

  1. Whoops! Hey, it has happened to all of us at least once in life! Welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete