Monday, August 22, 2011

So ... was he dreaming ?

Last night Karen and I finally watched Inception.  Yes, I know this movie was all the rage last year and it's WAY old now ... but hey, we watched it so I'm using it as a blog topic.  Don't read any further if you think this isn't timely enough.


I've wanted to see the film ever since reading my older brother Jeremy's blog about it last year.  But, as with many films, I'd kinda forgotten about it until it showed up on Netflix DVD in our mail this past week.

I'm not going to write a whole review (read my brother's because his review is GREAT!) but I did want to add my two cents to the ending argument.

I believe that:
 - if you want to believe he was dreaming all along and is only NOW finally awake ... then he was and is.
and
 - if you want to believe he is only NOW dreaming ... then he is.

THAT is the beauty of the ending of the film.  There is NOT a definitive answer.  And the argument can continue forever.  They say a perfect politician is one that can leave people on opposite sides of an issue believing that he/she sees it exactly as YOU do.  That idea should certainly apply to movies as well.

Very good movie.  Loved the fight scenes with the hallway moving all around.  Coolest visual effects since the original Matrix.  Watch it if you haven't yet, but if you want to argue the ending one way or the other ... talk to my brother Jeremy because I'm sure he would be happy to debate it (in a friendly way of course) with you.  :)

...

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! I'm so glad that you and Karen have seen this movie now!! We're going to have to have a discussion about it! Thanks for the kind words about me and my review! I love your take on the ending - I agree with you on that point!

    ReplyDelete