Rise and shine campers!
And put your booties on because it's going to be cold out there today.
It's cold out there every day, what is this Miami Beach?
Not hardly. But the big question on everybody's lips ...
Their chapped lips ...
Yes, their chapped lips is ... will Phil see his shadow today?
That's right woodchuck chuckers it's ...
GROUNGHOG DAY !!!
Ahhh ... I do love that movie! So many classic lines (like the title of this blog). So much hilariousness (like the scene in the car depicted on the right where Phil tells the groundhog "Don't drive angry!"). Some real tender moments (like the old man dying) and some tongue-in-cheek dialogue that can only really happen in this movie (such as toward the end when Rita asks Phil "What did you do today?!" and he replies with ...
"Same old, same old."
I've stated in a previous blog that we watch this movie every year on Groundhog Day if at all possible. We've had to push it back a day or two maybe once, but it is an annual event in this Case household. This has been one of my favorite "Karen and Josh" traditions. And tonight, we had the whole family watch it together for the first time. It was great to see the kids laugh at different parts.
Their favorites included:
- When Phil calls the groundhog an "over-sized squirrel" in one of his many rants.
- When Phil smashes the clock over and over ... and OVER again!
- When Larry says (after the car crash in the quarry) "He might be okay" and then after the car explodes in a huge fireball he follows up with "Well no, probably not now."
- When the piano teacher pushes the student out the door for Phil's lesson.
And last but certainly not least ...
- When Phil punches Ned Ryerson in the face and walks away smiling.