Sunday, October 30, 2011

Too Early for Christmas Music ?

I'm certain that I have blogged about this before, but there is a VERY GOOD reason why I've been listening to Christmas Music a lot over the past few days ... I got a new CD and it is awesome!

My cousin, James Case, is a super-talented singer who has been blessed with a very low range that allows him to really belt out some deep bass notes.  He has been a part of several a capella groups over the years and I believe he is in two different groups right now.  But the one I've heard more music from is the group Eclipse.

Eclipse has been around for over a decade, but James has only been a member of the group since around 2006.  That means he didn't get to participate in the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, where Eclipse performed a special number for the Opening Ceremony and then was invited back to do another during the Closing Ceremony.

James is on the far left
 James has been a part of the group for their two most recent CDs.  I already own the Gospel centered CD "Grateful Praise" (which is just amazing!) but I now also own their newest CD "It's Christmas Time!"  I had previewed the songs on their website and couldn't resist pre-ordering the CD.  All of the songs are wonderful IMHO (in my humble opinion) but my favorite has already become "Shake Up Christmas" ... and not just because it's one of the songs that features James' deep bass voice.  It is also just a really catchy tune and the message is very positive too!

I'm so proud to be related to such a talented individual ... but even if I wasn't I would have blogged about this awesome group and CD!

Merry Christmas ... in October!  :)

...

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to listen to this CD! And I definitely don't think it's too early to listen to Christmas music! I'm more than ready for it!

    ReplyDelete