Thursday, May 23, 2013

Just Another Day At The Office ?

I work as a Supervisor in a call center for an insurance company.  In many ways, it just can't get much less exciting than that.
Except ... we're not a typical insurance company, nor are we a typical call center ... and I am certainly not a typical Supervisor!  :)

Sorry I didn't get pictures of
the Big Wheel of Money
Today we had two Rep Rallies at an off-site location.  Employees were bussed about 15-20 minutes away to a convention center, which was set up with loud music and all kinds of "rally" signage.  Some business results were shared, but mostly the events were filled with exciting videos and of course the giving away of money to lucky participants in attendance.
Everyone that attended got some free stuff, like the lunch bag in the picture to the left.

I had the opportunity to get people pumped up on the bus ride over, with a good buddy of mine who also happens to be a Supervisor.  We did crazy chants, tested knowledge with trivia questions, and other silly stuff.

While this kind of event only happens a few times each year, it is one of the reasons I love my job and the company I work for.  It goes without saying that happy employees lead to happy customers, and I am so glad my employer gets that!  Thanks Progressive for getting it right almost all the time!

Song Of The Day:
I've recently passed the 15-year milestone of being with my company, but
"My Next Thirty Years" will likely be here as well, because it's a great place to work.  I know this isn't what Tim McGraw was thinking of when he wrote the song, but it certainly applies.  If you've got to put in 30 to 50 years in the workforce before retirement, you might as well work somewhere enjoyable!
...

No comments:

Post a Comment