Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Are You In Time-Out ?

Our parking lot at work has been under a massive reconstruction process over the last month or so.  I've taken a few pictures here and there, just because I find it fascinating to watch the progress broken down into smaller steps.  It is also kind of cool to see the finished product while appreciating the work that went into it.

Old blacktop scraped away and patched
New blacktop laid and leveled and painted

Today, I saw this as I walked to my car ...


And my weird mind immediately turned this gigantic piece of earth-moving equipment into a living thing.  And I felt bad (not really) because it looks like he is in a 'time out' for misbehavior.  He even has his chin tucked in and 'head' bowed in shame as he thinks about what he has done.

In truth, the workers had just removed a large roundabout, including several traffic-directing concrete barriers around the area.  The day was over and there was no need to move this beast because it would be needed the next day to level the ground there.

But doesn't it look like his angry mechanical parents left him in time out ?!


Song Of The Day:
If this digger was actually a living thing, I am sure he would be thinking or singing "You Don't Know Me" by Ray Charles.  It's a hard life digging all day and then being left behind as everyone goes to their homes and families.  And here I have to sit surrounded by dirt questioning my decision to get into this business in the first place.  Sigh.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment