Thursday, March 14, 2013

Which Lane Do You Drive In ?

In Colorado, there is a law which requires drivers to remain in the right lane (slow lane) unless passing another vehicle, in which case they can move to the left lane (fast lane).  This law is technically only enforced on the highways and freeways (but barely at all even on those roads).

As far as I am aware, there is no law regarding which lane you should drive in when you are on city streets, even if there are two or three lanes of traffic going each direction.

I noticed today that I always seem to prefer to be in the far right or far left lane when I am on a three-lane road.  What got me thinking about this is the fact that the south/eastbound left lane on Voyager Parkway (near my office) is riddled with potholes and patched potholes, etc.  It is very bumpy and I always swerve back and forth to miss all these road hazards.  Why?  Why don't I just move to the middle lane, which is almost perfectly paved and smooth, until I have to move over to take the left on New Life road?
It makes no sense.

So I started wondering if other people have a certain lane they naturally prefer to be in on city streets?  And if so, why do you choose that lane?

Thoughts?  Ideas?  Let me know.  :)

Song Of The Day:
It's back to the 80's for today's song.  It is a little crazy of me to drive in a bad, rough, bumpy lane just because that's what I normally do.  In honor of that, here is "She Drives Me Crazy" by the Fine Young Cannibals (who actually were not that young, only reasonably fine, and definitely not cannibals).  Enjoy!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment