Saturday, February 2, 2013

What's Up My Brother ?!

The CASE Brothers
L-R ... Josh, Jeremy (oldest), & Jordan (youngest)
I have two awesome brothers from my family of origin.  And then several brothers-in-law, brothers in the church, and also a few "bros" of choice.  I honestly love them all and enjoy the time I get to spend with each of them in a variety of activities.

In the past few days, I've had the great opportunity to spend a lot more time with my older brother Jeremy.  Despite his stature being shorter than mine, I still look up to him in many ways.  He is a much better brother and uncle than I could ever hope to be.  He has such patience and love for my siblings and my own children.

A few nights ago he treated me to an evening at the movies for a special RiffTrax event (which is basically MST3K as a live broadcast show across theaters throughout the nation).  The movie was so bad that the riffers didn't even have to say much to have us in stitches.  It.  Was.  Awesome!  And even better because we had each other to share the humor with.

Then this evening, Jeremy enjoyed my family's annual "Groundhog Day" movie tradition with us (as well as dinner before and a game of Dominion afterward).  It was a very fun evening and I'm so glad he was willing to hang out with us old married folks!  :)

Song Of The Day:
There are several songs about brothers, family, love, admiration, etc. but for tonight I'm just picking a favorite tune that happens to be titled "Brother"  It is by Toad the Wet Sprocket and was on the soundtrack to "So I Married An Axe Murderer."  I always think of my older brother Jeremy when I hear the song because we both enjoyed the humor in that movie and the song is pretty good too.

...

1 comment:

  1. Josh, well you finally figured out a way to get me to stop slacking and get back on Facebook and read your blog...because you did a post about moi!! What a great subject!! All kidding aside, though, I really appreciate this post and all the kind words! YOU are an awesome brother and I have really enjoyed hanging out with you these past few days. Thanks again for being there for me, for sharing your family and time with me! You rock! Or, as Larry in "Groundhog Day" would say "You moved me!"

    ReplyDelete