Saturday, March 1, 2014

Which Is It ?

Sometimes I am confused.  My default in these situations is to ask questions (if you don't know this then you've probably never read my blog before).  But sadly, there remain many times when asking questions still doesn't get you the answer you're really looking for.  And after a while, it feels futile to continue asking for clarification, so you just have to accept what information you do have and hope for the best.

There is a difference between being an integral part to a grander plan and just being in the right place at the right time.  Being an integral part means that plans are molded around you, at least in some way.  You are essential.  You are needed.  Without you the plan may succeed, but likely not as well.  Being in the right place at the right time is good, but it is not reassuring at all.  You could, after all, have just as easily not been in the right place or the right time and therefore just as easily missed this opportunity to play a part in some bigger plan.

Either way, I think the more important part is knowing which one you are.

If you think you're "an integral part," but you're really not, then you're setting yourself up for disappointment later when reality sets in.
If you think you're just "in the right place at the right time," but you are actually an integral part, then you might not be as committed to the plan, because it isn't really about you only to find out later it was any you missed a big opportunity.

And that's my lead-in for using "Blurred Lines" as the Song Of The Day in today's post.  I've loved this song since I first heard it (not so much the lyrics or the video, but the melody and tune itself) and Robin Thicke is very talented.  The "integral part" and "right place, right time" possibilities are some blurred lines that I wish I had clarity on right now, but I don't.  So I'll just sing along and hope for the best.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment