Friday, March 7, 2014

How Could This Get Any Worse?

First Denver Nuggets game experience - Post #6

While stuck in the traffic jam mentioned in a prior blog post, I watched a woman slide her car right into the back of a police car.  This occurred while the officer was tapping on the driver's window to "wake her up" or "get her attention" or "check on her well being."

I doubt the lady was drunk or high, but her state of mental capacity may have been diminshed due to the exhaust fumes from all the cars ... I know I had to roll the window down to get some fresh air from above.  I felt nauseous after the first 30 minutes of crawling traffic and noxious congested air.

I felt bad for this driver, because I am certain the collision was a true "accident" but it also made a bad traffic situation worse, as the officer had to radio for backup and there began to be another slow crawl of drivers past yet another crime scene.  Thankfully it was just a few minutes after this that the traffic opened up and it was smooth sailing all the way home.


Song Of The Day:
I am sharing two versions of today's song because I love them both.  Michael Jackson's original "Smooth Criminal" is amazing (especially the legendary video including the impossible lean dance move).  But giving credit where credit is due, Alien Ant Farm's reinvention is equally enjoyable.  Listen to it HERE.
The refrain of "are you okay?" in the song is the main reason I paired it with this post.  I am certain the driver wasn't really okay and it is even more sad that things went from bad to worse as the police officer was trying to help her.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment