Monday, August 16, 2010

What is WRONG with you?!

That's right!  I ask the IMPORTANT questions here in this blog.  All the ones that everyone else just skirts around because they're afraid of what they will find!

Actually, my kids will tell you that I ask them this question quite often ... but it's not like you think.  Rather it is somewhat of a game we play when we're all feeling a little silly.  Invariably one of the kids will try to pull me out of a chair or push me off the couch or even try to take my phone or my wallet ... I will give my meanest glare (which never seems to put any fear into them at all ... they just see right through it) and then I will pop this question ... and they LAUGH!

It was such a good joke for a while there that even when Josh Jr turned the tables and asked "What is wrong with YOU dad?!" we all just cracked up.

But I fear there is something seriously wrong with my wife ... and Brooklyn too.  I hesitate to share this but I need your advice on what to do.  Is there a 12-step program?  Probably not for this 'cause there should really be only one step: Stop Doing It!  Do they have success stories of people who have kicked the habit?  "I'm clean now but my life was a real mess there for a while.  It got so bad that I would steal from the elephants or people at baseball games."  Maybe they are not as hooked as it appeared tonight.  In any case, I love them both and will support them through this trying time.

You see ... they (oh it's just too horrible!) ... they eat peanuts ... that are still inside the shell!  Just whole!  It's just nuts I tell you!  Except not for them ... for them it's nuts and shells.

Please help!  Brooklyn has such a bright future and Karen has so much to live for!

3 comments:

  1. To quote one of Ben's favorite books... "You do not like them. So you say. Try them! Try them! And you may. Try them and you may, I say."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just threw up a little in my mouth!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is wrong with your wife and kid?


    ;) Did I do that right?

    ReplyDelete