Saturday, August 21, 2010

I don't know, what do YOU want to do?

This is probably my least favorite question to hear.  It's not even funny anymore.  I ask it just as often as I am asked.  This is a problem.  I used to be able to pick things.  I believe my wife was able to do so at one time as well.  But I blame the kids ... they have removed our ability to decide on anything because they always have a way to look at us and say "I knew you were going to pick that.  I don't want to do that."  It could be a decision like "ice cream for dinner" or "sleepovers with your friends" or "stay up however late you want watching movies" and they will find something better that we should have picked.

Is it wrong to be looking forward (I mean really REALLY looking forward) to the days of an empty nest?!  Yeah, you're probably right ... I'll just "enjoy it while it lasts."  *sigh*

So ... um ... I was ... wondering ... what do YOU want to do?  :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Sleep, and sleep in! That's what I want to do... right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so feel the same way. The kids have sucked a lot of the good life out of me too. However, they have also filled me with something so sweet and indescribably wonderful, something that I for so long lacked until I brought those little miracles into this world, something that I... wait, I think I just puked in my mouth a little...

    ReplyDelete