Monday, July 14, 2014

Why Would They HAVE TO ?!


I saw the above bumper sticker on a car the other day.  I always read bumper stickers, but I'm not sure why.  I suppose I like to see if the short thoughts either inspire or irritate or amuse me.  But this one did nothing but confuse me.

I get that you could argue it takes a real woman to marry a soldier, but how does that save girls from having to marry a soldier?  Is there a law I am unaware of?  Do soldiers force girls to marry them if a real woman isn't available?  That seems like a more serious concern than just putting it on a bumper sticker.

Please help me understand if you have any idea what this is supposed to be conveying.  I really, truly don't get it.


Song Of the Day:
Ingrid Michaelson is an indie singer whose songs I never realized I loved as much as I do.  She has a recent song titled "Girls Chase Boys" and after listening to it on YouTube, I listened to a few more of her songs that sounded familiar.  About 30 minutes later I realized I hadn't heard a song I didn't like.  Bonus: my wife really liked all of the songs too.  Looks like I have some music to purchase and download soon.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment