Saturday, April 12, 2014

You're Just Playing Dumb, Right ?

I think some people really just need to be told the absolute truth.  I know the button to the left seems harsh or unnecessarily mean, but it is very true sometimes.  I have literally worried about how people survive (pay bills, feed themselves, get from here to there, etc.) when they have difficulty with other, seemingly basic concepts.  A few examples would include: reading and responding to emails at work; using a "smart" phone to take notes; filling out a time card sheet to get paid; and even learning how to latch a seat belt.

I know it is terribly judgmental of me, but it is with true concern for these people and their well-being, not mockery or picking on them that drives my reaction.  I fear that they are actually suffering (outside of times when others are around them), with the basics of living, and that pains me.  I secretly hope they are just "playing dumb" if only because it relieves me from the sad visualization that they go hungry at night because they cannot comprehend how to make a stove or microwave function.


Song Of The Day:
The song "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette is a vengeful and angry tune, but the title fits with today's post because people oughta know these basic life skills and it worries me when they don't.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment