Tuesday, April 8, 2014

When You Say 'Get Dirty' ... ?

Since I make my living sitting behind a desk (for the most part anyway), I am often very grateful when the opportunity to "get dirty" comes along.
I rather enjoy working in the yard, especially when the temperature is reasonable and the physical work allows me to see progress at the end of hours of effort (sometimes hours of effort at any desk job can end with no discernible "progress" to show for it).

Last fall I snapped the picture to the right after a day of moving dirt and rocks and whatever else was on the list.  I found it amusing that, despite wearing socks and shoes, my feet themselves were still caked in dirt and grime.  I am confident these socks never came clean (that's okay though because I always need work socks and work shoes and work shirts and work pants and so on).

As Spring has sprung, I am looking forward to getting started on (and hopefully completing) this year's backyard landscaping projects.  I always sleep very soundly after a day at work in the yard, and those showers afterward are always the best!


Song Of The Day:
When I think of working in the yard I find myself in a farmer-type mentality, and that always leads me to country music.  Brad Paisley has been a staple in the country music scene for well over a decade now and his song "Mud On The Tires" is a personal favorite of mine.  I like the message of "real life is dirty" because I think we are all guilty of being too "pretty" sometimes.  In fact, Brad's song "I'm Still A Guy" is a great tune too and I think that fits here as well.  Enjoy the two-fer on this Tuesday!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment