Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What Am I Going To Learn By Listening To You Talk ?

In the middle of routine conversations, I have often brought the talking to a halt by pointing out what someone just said.  This used to be childish in nature, such as when someone would say do do and I would make excrement jokes.  Okay, to be honest I still do do that (ha!  funny every time!) but that is not what I'm referring to in this post.

People often do not realize (while in the middle of a conversation) that some of their statements, if taken out of context, are hilarious or perhaps very inappropriate.

A recent example is the question title of this blog post.  My boss said that to her boss in a casual conversation outside my cubicle at work.  In the context of the conversation it made legitimate sense and was relevant.  But as a stand alone question ... it made me just start laughing out loud!

I wonder if anyone else out there does this on a regular basis.  Am I the only one who spends at least part of every conversation attuned to these odd phrases?  Is this a phase I should have grown out of ... or is it a superpower that I can use to provide levity to others?


Song Of The Day:
Today's song is "Hide And Seek" by Imogen Heap.  It has been covered by what has to be thousands of individuals and groups.  Some of the lyrics go like this ... Mmmm whatcha say, that you only meant well?  Well of course you did.  I think we generally only mean well in conversations but sometimes what we say is worth laughing about.

...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ mua hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ order hàng mỹ hay nhận mua nước hoa pháp từ website nổi tiếng hàng đầu nước Mỹ mua hàng ebay ship về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete